The Principality of Monaco is a European country located in the Mediterranean Sea, in the south of France. It is a jurisdiction whose economy is based on financial services, luxury hotels and real estate.
Enjoy a prosperous situation and an excellent reputation among foreign entrepreneurs who want to develop their activity in Monegasque territory, as well as for large fortunes.
Some considerations to take into account before setting up an offshore company in Monaco
To set up an offshore company in Monaco, it is mandatory to request a prior administrative authorization from the Ministry of the State.
- For the crafts, commercial, industrial and professional activities, there is no additional specific regulation. The Ministry of the State issues an authorization that allows only the requested economic activity to be exercised. In case of change of the type of activity, it is mandatory to make a new authorization request.
- For financial activities, banking and credit, insurance, accounting, architects, lawyers or judicial / notary agents, medical activities, real estate agents, precious metals, etc., an additional specific regulation applies. The Ministry of the State issues an authorization that allows these types of economic activity to be carried out when certain rules or specific conditions are fulfilled regarding the requirements on the nationality of the managers or managers, the powers of the Directorate, the legal form to be adopted in function of the activity or amount of the minimum capital that must be contributed at the time of incorporation of the company.
Types of offshore companies that can be incorporated in Monaco
You can set up different types of offshore companies in Monaco. The most frequent are the Sociedad Anónima Monegasca and the Limited Liability Company.
- Limited Liability Company or Société à Responsabilité Limitée (SARL)
- Sociedad Anónima Monegasca or Société Anonyme Monégasque (SAM)
- Limited partnership for shares or Société en Commandite par Actions (SCA)
- Limited partnership or Société en Commandite Simple (SCS)
- Sociedad Colectiva or Société in Nom Collectif (SNC)